Search This Blog

Saturday 28 January 2012

Planning my magazine

After looking at a series of music magazines it is time to start planning my own magazine. I drew a rough plan of my original ideas on paper however I was just experimenting with the layout, nothing is final.  We started to experiment with programs such as Adobe indesign and Adobe photoshop. Using the pictures we had taken in the practice photoshoot we were able to edit them and place them in different ways using the programs. Adobe indesign also allowed me to play around with different texts and background colours. This task was useful as I now have a brief understanding of how the program works and the different ways I could lay-out my magazine.
I also then started planning what I would include inside my magazine. I done this by drafting ideas for cover lines and interesting features that I could include.
Some of my ideas:
- Interview with cover star.
- Latest celebrity/ music artist gossip.

- Exclusive feature
- Upcoming events
- Music review
- Persuasive features. (Free music download or poster).

To help get varied feedback for our individual blogs and previous work we each had to analyse someone else's blog and fill out a feedback sheet allowing them advice on improvements they could make to their blog. Some of the questions included h
ow regularly have they updated their blog and how could they improve their blog in the future. We also had to analyse the best thing about their blog. 

No comments:

Post a Comment