Search This Blog

Tuesday 3 January 2012

Publication Plan


Publication Plan

Name of magazine: Initial ideas: Tune, Beats, Bass, Sensation, Fusion, Tempo

Font of name: I’m not entirely sure on the font I’m going to use however I want it to be bold and be covered slightly by one main image on the front cover.

Positioning statement: The latest and most exclusive Pop magazine in the country!

Frequency of publication: Once every 2 weeks

Price: £2.00

Distribution: In chain supermarkets, WHsmiths and other leading media retailers. Not as much in corner shops and smaller individual businesses.

Rationale: (what is the thinking behind the magazine - have you identified a gap in the market?) 
I decided I wanted a magazine specifically aimed at older female teenagers. The music magazine market is currently catered for younger children especially girls, therefore I thought my target audience and magazine would fill the gap in the market. I also wanted to identify a more sophisticated approach to music rather than the other younger magazines.

Style: Gossip, easy read, informal

Regular content: Chart/ download information, Up coming events.

Feature content in your issue: Interviews with a specific, popular artist.

House style: what font will you use? will it be the same for articles/headings/captions?
I am primarily aiming my magazine at teenage girls. Therefore the colours would be feminine. There will be no use of heavy, dark colours or ‘rock ‘n’ roll’ fonts. I may decide to use a different font for the title and other headings and captions. 







To start tracking my ideas I drafted a publication plan which allowed me to gain greater understanding of my magazine and its features. The plan also allowed me to focus on the individual features of my magazine and look at them in greater detail and start to develop my ideas.
The plan also allows the reader to understand the key information of my magazine, including where the magazine would be distributed, the rationale, regular and feature content and frequency of publication.
The plan is only a brief insight of my initial ideas and in the future I may decide to add various information and analyse my ideas in more depth.


No comments:

Post a Comment