Search This Blog

Tuesday 15 November 2011

Final front cover and contents page

My final front cover and contents page have largely changed and developed from my original designs and ideas, however I now feel my work is suitable for the target audience and shows clear features and conventions of a school magazine.


Overall conclusion of preliminary task
My media preliminary task uses conventions of real media products as it features a masthead, images, text, issue number and featured articles. I don't think my media piece challenges conventions of real media as it sticks to the basic features of a school magazine and doesn't use any additional individual features.
My media piece presents particular social groups as the language used, colours and font style are all appropriate to the target audience of students. The colours are bright and attract a younger audience which is relevant to a school magazine. The use of images relating to the students and school also present the social group.
The media institution of school magazines may distribute my media product as it shows clear conventions of a school magazine. My product also has an individual twist on ordinary, boring school magazines. I feel my product successfully interacts with the reader and the appearance of the magazine engages the audience wanting them to continue reading.
I addressed my audience by including key information about school and made my magazine appropriate to a school regime/ events. This addressed the audience as the reader would be able to relate to the magazine and be persuaded to read it.
From the process of constructing this magazine I have learnt that photoshop is a brilliant software to edit pictures and make them look more attractive and stand out among the text. I think editing pictures is a key concept to make my magazine look professional and increase the quality of the individual images. From the construction of my School magazine I have also learnt that each concept of the magazine e.g the front cover and contents page look the same. This makes the magazine look more professional and creates continuity through out the style.
I have also gained skills in constructing a magazine layout and experimenting with various fonts and text that is appropriate to the magazine genre.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment